Monday, June 29, 2009

A New Type of Pesto Pasta

So the other day while I was at Costco I thought it would be a good idea to buy a 3 pound bag of walnuts (they were so cheap in bulk) even though we are moving in 4.5 weeks. Oh well, Costco wins again. So Joseph and I have been trying to think of ways to eat all of these walnuts, he made this delicious pasta for dinner the other night and it was really good. Sorry I forgot to take a picture.

Use some type of short pasta, I used Penne, cook in salted water

okay for the topping, it is a pesto of sorts

1 can kalamata olives
feta cheese
2 cloves garlic
1 onion
walnuts

put these ingredients in a food processor and blend until they form a paste of sorts, you may want to grind the garlic first to make sure it gets ground up really well. Add olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once the noodles are finished top with the olive/walnut/feta pesto and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment