Monday, June 8, 2009

Greek Turkey Burger


So this is so good we have made it three times in the past week! It was inspired by a show we saw on the Food Network. It involved a burger cook-off. I was literally salivating when I watched the show, so I went home and made my own version. Sorry the photos aren't very pretty. I kind of didn't think about taking the photo until the last minute. (WAY yummier than it looks.)

ingredients:

hamburger buns (good ones)
ground turkey ( I used Jennie-O)
feta
cucumbers
tzatziki sauce ( bought it pre-made at Trader Joes, but you can get it or something like it--basically greek yogurt sauce- at whole foods and other specialty stores. otherwise look for a recipe on the internet)

1. Cook the turkey burgers in a pan or on the grill, and sprinkle with salt on both sides.
2. When doing the second side, put some feta on top so that it kind of heats up and softens.
3. grill the buns
4. smear some sauce on the buns, place some cucumbers (sliced) on top, then the burger!

(I also put some sauteed onions on mine the second time, and Franc put tomatoes. delicious.)

3 comments:

  1. For some reason I am really excited about this recipe. I'm trying it out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what, the regular grocery store doesn't have greek yogurt sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turkey burger looks so good. I am putting it on our list for next week!

    ReplyDelete