Monday, June 8, 2009

Goat cheese, basil, red pepper delights

I make these everytime I have a chance. It is one of my absolute favorite recipes ever, and I could probably eat these every week and never get sick of them. Seriously you MUST try these. I first tried them at a party and ate like 7. I asked the girl for her recipe and now I make it all the time.

ingredients:

baguette (large or small, doesn't matter)
Red bell peppers
goat cheese
garlic (minced or pureed) (in a pinch you can use powdered garlic)
fresh basil

1. slice the baguette and spread garlic on each piece, place on a cookie sheet.
2. set the oven to BROIL and toast about 2 minutes (watch them, this happens fast)
3. spread goat cheese on each piece.
4. top with a leaf, or pieces of leaves of basil.
5. slice and saute red pepper in a pan.
6. place a slice or two of the red peppers on each slice of toast.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. oohh - you have made me these before - they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete