A few weeks ago we had a lot of blueberries that needed to go into something and Chris suggested a lemon blueberry cake. After looking around for some recipes, I stumbled upon this one at epicurious.
Seriously amazing cake my friends- so moist and the blueberries make the cake. Please try this one.
- 2 cups plus 6 tablespoons cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (about three 4.4-ounce packages)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
*I halved the frosting recipe, but added the full amount of lemon zest and vanilla, and still had some leftover.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until just firm enough to spread, about 30 minutes.