Friday, May 20, 2011

Strawberry Avocado Salsa




















I saw this on a friend's blog- she had whipped it up for a girl's night- and I knew I had to try it. We had most of the ingredients on hand and our garden is full of cilantro right now so I picked up some strawberries and a jalapeno and set to work.

I even called Chris to tell him to get excited about the salsa but he was skeptical when I said strawberry avocado.

When he got home he tried it though and said, "mmm, this is really good."

It is a great summery salsa. Cooking light recommends making your own cinnamon sugar chips out of whole wheat tortillas but I served ours with some organic tortilla chips from Costco. They are my new favorite tortilla chip.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe avocado (about 2)
  • 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeƱo pepper
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 3/8 teaspoon salt
PREPARATION

Combine avocado and remaining ingredients; stir gently to combine. Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment