Saturday, April 4, 2009

Roasted Asparagus














Asparagus is always a staple at our Easter feasts, so what better way to kick off April with this lovely side dish.

The past few times I have cooked asparagus I have been roasting it and I love it. It is addictive and this is how I have done it:

Roasted Asparagus

1 bunch of asparagus- I like the skinny spears
Olive Oil
Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

Lay the asparagus on a baking sheet, coat with olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper and cheese. Cook at 450ºF for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy. This is equally delicious without the Parmesan- I actually liked it better with just the salt and pepper. However, Chris is a cheese man so I tried it both ways.

2 comments:

  1. oh I love this. I used to make it all the time! Also good when drizzled with balsamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I have been making this nonstop lately - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete