Sunday, April 5, 2009

Apple and Onion Pork Chops

(Sorry this isn't my pic, I forgot to take one - but I just had to share the recipe. We had a lot more topping on ours - but it basically looked like this.)

So I am all about recipes that are quick, simple, delicious and that I already have all the ingredients for. Saturday night I came home wondering what I was going to cook in 30 min (bedtime was approaching for Avery) with limited ingredients. I came across a little recipe on online and was able to modify it just enough to work. It was fantastic!

3 pork chops
1 large apple
1/2 large white onion
brown sugar
butter
salt
garlic
olive oil
rice (optional)

I don't know the exact proportions because i just through it together based on a rough idea of what it was supposed to be - but it turned out great.

Rub salt, garlic, and pepper into the pork chops. Pan fry them in a generous amount of olive oil. Be generous with the salt and garlic. You want the salty taste of the chops to be offset by the sweet topping.

Chop up the onion and apple into small squares. Saute in a pan with a large chunk of butter. Once they have started to cook down a bit, add in about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and a few shakes of salt. Let it all cook down until you have a think and delicious apple and onion combo.

Place the pork chops on a plate and top with the apple onion topping. We ate this with buttery rice and it was fantastic.

Just a little super easy gem of a dinner. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to try this COurt! Another yummy alternative for pork chops! I have been making lots of yummy foods ya'll, but I haven't taken photos everytime, and don't know what to do.... I will try and post something tonight!

    ReplyDelete