Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pork Chops and Chili Sauce with Rice


While Judd and I were visiting Katie and Frank last weekend they made us this fantastic dinner. I had to share.

I love this recipe because it includes things I usually already have, but it tastes so gourmet.

Chili Sauce

1 generous dose of olive oil in your pan
1 med onion, finely chopped
2 cups seeded and chopped tomatoes
2 dried small red chilies chopped (we used red pepper flakes and it worked great)
2 garlic cloves chopped (or a generous sprinkling of garlic powder)
2 T dry mustard
2 T sugar
1 T red wine vinegar
Salt to taste

Sauté onion and garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil then simmer over low about 10 -15 min. Just long enough for the spices to blend.

Marinate pork loin chops or chicken in teriyaki sauce for up to 24 hours before cooking.

Katie did pork and chicken and they were both great. The original recipe owner makes his own teriyaki Sauce, but Katie just used teriyaki sauce from her Trader Joes and it was perfect.

Serve with rice. I think Parboiled rice is the best with this dish. Katie and frank use it all the time and now Judd and I are believers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Court! I am flattered that you liked it:) Its always more fun making food for guests.

    ReplyDelete