Thursday, March 26, 2009

Caprese Salad aka Tomato Mozzarella Salad














I was debating whether or not to post this, but this is one of my favorite "go to" dishes when I want something other than a sandwich. And I realized that I would want you to post your dishes like this because maybe you all have some fantastic "go to's" that are not on my radar because I prepare what I am familiar with.

The Salad

Tomatoes
Mozzarella- the fresher the better I say
Basil
Balsamic Vinegar
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella- arrange to suit your fancy. Garnish with chopped basil. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Sometimes I like this with just vinegar and no oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to laugh - but I have always wondered about this - i have only had it once at your moms and have wanted to make, but I just couldn't quite remember what was on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so jealous when we were camping and you whipped out this yummy lunch. Definitely better than my gross PB&J sandwiches :)

    ReplyDelete