Monday, March 1, 2010

Sour Cream and Lemon Pound Cake














Last night we had some friends over for dinner and a basket of lemons that need to be juiced so it seemed like the perfect occasion to try this out. I was not disappointed in this cake- it turned out moist and had the perfect lemon flavor, we garnished it with whipped cream and berries.

I was rushing to get this in the oven so I did not sift the dry ingredients and I used regular flour instead of cake flour. Also, I had no idea what a 16 cup tube pan was so I used a loaf pan and made two loaves of the cake. After an hour of baking I would check every five or ten minutes to see if it was done.

For those of you who are like me and do not know what a tube pan is, apparently it is just a pan with a tube in the middle like an angel food cake pan or a bundt pan. Chris looked it up for me after the fact.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 6 eggs, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
  • 1 cup sour cream
Preparation

No comments:

Post a Comment