Saturday, December 19, 2009

Spinach Pomegranate Apple Pear Salad


So this salad started out by just using the random things that I had in the house but it turned out really good and is now one of my favorite salads. Sometimes I get tired of eating only vegetables in salads and really like to but fruit in my salads. However it is hard to find sweet strawberries in the winter so this salad is a perfect combination of winter fruits.

Ingredients:

1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
1 apple, diced (I used pink lady)
1 pear diced
1/2 whole pomegranate arils
fresh shaved Parmesan on top

Just put everything in a bowl, mix, top with Parmesan (put on as much as you like, fresh parm is SO good)

I used balsamic vinaigrette for the dressing because I think it goes really well with fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment