Sunday, May 24, 2009

Spring Wraps

We recently had dinner with some friends who introduced us to these lovely wraps. I'm sure there is a better name for them but I have no idea what it is.



The wrap is basically a translucent rice tortilla. Before using- submerge it in water for a minute or so until soft (use a shallow dish large enough to cover the whole wrap).



Then fill with a variety of thinly sliced vegetables and fruit (we used carrots, cucumbers, apple, cilantro), vermicelli noodles, scrambled egg and some chopped peanuts. Then you top it off with peanut sauce and wrap the whole thing up. Easy n'est pas? I'm excited to try some variations with the fillings and make my own peanut sauce but delicious regardless.

PS- I found everything I needed at my regular grocery store so this shouldn't require tracking down specialty items which is always a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment